Home | Documentation | Atomic Chat | Github

Unfocusable edit fields?

I want some multi-line text, so I figure I need a UIEditField instead of a UITextField. It works fine so far, but I don’t want the user to be able to select the text and use the right-click menu, so I need to keep it unfocused somehow. I tried to use SetIsFocusable(false);, but it doesn’t do anything.

How could I keep it unfocused?

I think you need SetReadOnly, which I am seeing needs a method code comment, along with its brethren!

Already got that one set to true, but it sadly doesn’t make the text unselectable… :sleepy:

Now that sir, would take some customization.

I think we need a selectable toggle, which would block selection and the right click context menu… this would likely involve some TurboBadger modifications as well, though I think there may be some functionality for this already in TurboBadger, so that should be checked first…

An easy “selectable toggle” method would be awesome!

I saw the desired effect in the CrowdNavigation feature example, in something called SimpleCreateInstructions, if I recall correctly. However I couldn’t quite figure out how it was achieved :thinking:

I filed the issue and added it to the new “Issue Staging” milestone: https://github.com/AtomicGameEngine/AtomicGameEngine/issues/1346