Home | Documentation | Atomic Chat | Github

TS Emit Failed (JS Outdated) (Self-Answered)

Hello there, I’ve setup a new project following the GitHub Wiki for TypeScript. Whenever I save a .ts file in the project I get ‘TS Emit Failed’ error from the TypeScript atom plugin. As well as in the lower portion of the screen where the TypeScript plugin has a UI it says JS Outdated. Any ideas on stopping these errors?

I’ve fixed this by updating my tsconfig to be:

"compilerOptions": {
        "noImplicitAny": false,
        "target": "es5",
        "module": "commonjs",
        "declaration": false,
        "inlineSourceMap": false,
        "removeComments": false,
        "noLib": false,
        "forceConsistentCasingInFileNames": true,
        "allowJs": true,
        "lib": [
        "baseUrl": "./Resources"

Was this a local issue to your setup, or do you think we need to fix something for the Atom TypeScript plugin and Atomic projects? Maybe it affects VSCode too?

It would be good to get some more TypeScript examples included with the editor, right now we have Roboman TS, which was directly ported pretty much straight from the JavaScript, so not best TS practices by a long shot :open_mouth:

I believe it may be all setups. I’ll make a few examples today while
learning the engine and see what you guys think.

I just took a look at this and your fix and I think the right thing to do for this is to change the line:

"allowJs": true

"allowJs": false

I’ve been running into issues with this in a few instances and for 99% of TS projects, this should really be false. I’ll add an issue to change the TS plugin that generates this file to ensure that this setting is false.

Issue #1425 generated. I also tested in Atom and this fixes the JS Outdated error.

Awesome, changing mine. Thanks!

That seems to not solve my issue actually.

Have you restarted Atom with the new tsconfig setting? Also, are you on the latest Atom and latest Atom-TypeScript? I’ve updated my both on my side and haven’t been able to reproduce it. Is it on a particular project that you are seeing this such as one of the new 2D or 3D projects?